Looking for a great winter warmer meal, then there’s simply no better meal especially in the colder months then a good Curry.
This recipe (below) is really easy to make. Non-complicated and super versatile as well.
The Base to this curry is simply:
What I love about this curry recipe and its one that I got from Em, is you can use any meat or even make it vegetarian, or add any vegetable you have in the fridge. Plus you can slow cook it for hour and half or have it ready in 30 minutes. Honestly it’s my go to for a great winter warmer meal.
The other great thing is the curry goes with any side dish you have available, such as mash potato, rice, crusty bread or pasta, really anything in the fridge or pantry. I’ve even used it with gnocchi, and we have a homemade recipe for gnocchi here if you want a great addition to you meal.
Em’ loves it with a side dish pf yoghurt and cucumber.
Plus the base r3ecipe freezers really well, so make a double batch for quick re-heat meal. I also like to use Greek yoghurt in the curry but this is up to you and what you like. Sour cream, coconut milk or cream work really well too.
You can also at the start of making the curry is to fry slightly a curry leave if you have them available then add in the onion and fry before adding in the meat and any other ingredients.
Like I said it is so versatile, let us know your favourite curry recipe in the comments below
Easy Granny's Curry
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 cup Stock
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion sliced
- 500 g Meat or vegetables
- 2 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Chilli Adjusted to your own taste
- 1 Curry Leaf Optional
- 2 TBSP Yoghurt or sour cream/coconut cream/milk
- Fry off the curry leave if you have one available or skip this step.
- Fry onion until soft
- Add in meat and brown off or vegetables
- Optional, now add in any vegetable you like, Mushrooms or capsicum
- Add in spice mix, fry off slightly
- add in stock, mix well
- Allow meat and vegetable to cook and liquid to slightly reduce, but not completely
- Slow cook on low heat for 1 and half hours or cook on a medium heat for around 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and stir through Yoghurt/sour cream or coconut milk/cream
- Serve with Rice/potato/pasta/crusty bread
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.